1. Field dress your trophy immediately.
2. Cut the hide long for a mount, more is better, cut at least 6" behind the front legs for a shoulder mount
3. Never cut the hide up the front or back of the neck. Skin it out up to the skull, turning it inside out like a sock as you go. Leave the skull in place.
4. Keep it cold, but NEVER get the hide wet, NEVER use ice. Store it in a garbage bag to keep it from drying out.
5. Never drag your hide/trophy on the ground.
6. Get your trophy to the taxidermist as soon as you can.
Bring your trophy in in the FALL, receive your mount back the following SPRING!